Are you ready to end summer with a bang? Take advantage of the long Labor Day weekend that is coming up and play something to do with the family or with friends! Plan a quick camping trip or weekend getaway and get ready for fall the right way! If you are looking for a few ideas to check out this upcoming Labor Day weekend, you have come to the right place! Keep reading below to learn more!
5 Labor Day Weekend Ideas
Since Labor Day is always the first Monday in September, most businesses are closed which means that it’s the perfect long weekend to make plans! Call up your friends and make some plans. Read through this shortlist for a few ideas!
- Plan a fishing trip – There are plenty of lakes and rivers in the area which means that your fishing destinations are endless! Plan a day to get out on the water and hopefully catch some dinner!
- Go camping – Want a nice and quiet weekend? Find a camping place in the area and load up the car! Camping will give you some time to relax and spend some time in the outdoors with the people who are closest to you!
- Take a mini road trip – Drive to Minneapolis for the weekend and find something to do there or pick another destination that is closer. A mini road trip could be just what you need to close out the summer season and who knows what you will run into while you’re out and about!
- Check out a local festival – Search your area or ask around and see if there are any local festivals or parades that are going on for the holiday! These are great social events and a great way to get out in the community! Most are even free!
- Host a dinner party or cookout – Feel like staying in? Have you family and friends over for a cookout! This is a great way to get everyone together without planning a huge trip or event! Enjoy some tasty home-cooked food and have everyone stick around for a bonfire after!